Customer Contact Service Numbers
Dvla Vehicle Road Tax Contact Numbers
0870 042 0462
Dvla Vehicle Road Tax Contact Numbers

Updated on Feb 23rd, 2018

• Direct Contact Number:
    0870 042 0462
• HQ Address: DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AR, United Kingdom
• Opening Hours: Visit the official website below for your local open hours.
• Website:
Calls to 0870 & 0871 numbers cost 13p per minute plus your phone company access charge.

Vehicle Tax, MOT and insurance

Tax your vehicle
Tax your car, motorcycle or other vehicle using a reference number from:
• a recent reminder (V11) or 'last chance' warning letter from DVLA
• your vehicle log book (V5C) - it must be in your name
• the green 'new keeper's details' slip (V5C/2) from a log book if you've just bought it

You can pay by debit or credit card, or Direct Debit.

Vehicle tax Direct Debit payments
Set up a Direct Debit

You can set up a Direct Debit when you tax your vehicle online or at a Post Office.

You don't need to be the vehicle's registered keeper to set up a Direct Debit.

Emails and letters about Direct Debit payments are sent to the account holder.

How much it costs
The amount you pay depends on how often you want to make a payment. There's a 5% surcharge if you pay:
• monthly
• every 6 months

There's no surcharge if you pay yearly.

What you will need:
• your address and date of birth
• your bank or building society name, account number and sort code

You can't set up a Direct Debit for an account that needs 2 signatures.

Tax your vehicle without a V11 reminder
You can tax your vehicle without a V11 reminder letter using a:
• V5C registration certificate (logbook) in your name if you're the current keeper
• V62 application for a registration certificate if you're the current keeper
• V5C/2 green new keeper supplement if you're the new keeper (and don't have a V5C in your name)

If you don't have a V5C or V5C/2

If you're the current keeper, you must apply for a new V5C and tax your vehicle at a Post Office. This costs £25 and it can take 4 to 6 weeks to get the new V5C.

If you're the new keeper, you can't tax your vehicle without a V5C/2. You'll need to apply for a new V5C (you can also get the form from the Post Office.) This costs £25 and it can take 4 to 6 weeks to get the new V5C.

Pay by phone
You need to contact DVLA to tax by phone. You'll need your V5C (logbook) or V5C/2 new keeper supplement when you call.

Apply for vehicle tax in advance
You can tax your vehicle up to 2 months before it expires if you're going to be away from home (eg on holiday) when your current tax runs out.

Apply by post before you go
You need to send:
• your V5C registration certificate (log book)
• a letter explaining why you're applying in advance
• a completed application for vehicle tax (V10) or application to tax a heavy goods vehicle (V85)
• an MOT or goods vehicle testing (GVT) certificate (if you need one) - it must be valid when the new tax starts
• a cheque, postal order or banker's draft to pay for your vehicle tax - made payable to 'DVLA Swansea'

Send your documents and payment to:
SA99 1DZ

Apply to tax a Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV)
Fill in form V85 and apply in person at a Post Office that deals with vehicle tax to get an HGV vehicle licence (tax disc).

You need HGV tax for lorries that weigh more than 3.5 tonnes when loaded.

You need to take the vehicle log book (V5C). You can apply for a replacement if you don't have one.

Tax rates for HGVs
The amount of tax you need to pay depends on your vehicle's tax band and whether it has:
• road-friendly suspension
• a Reduced Pollution Certificate

You need to tax your vehicle by 31 December 2016 to get a reduction from a Reduced Pollution Certificate.

You can also:

Take your vehicle off the road (SORN)
• Register your vehicle as off the road (SORN)
• When you need to make a SORN

Cancel vehicle tax
• Cancel your vehicle tax and get a refund

Check or report the tax status of a vehicle
• Check if a vehicle is taxed
• Report an untaxed vehicle

Vehicle tax rates
• Calculate vehicle tax rates
• Vehicle tax rates
• Historic (classic) vehicles: MOT and vehicle tax
• Vehicle weights explained
• Calculate tax on employees' company cars
• Vehicles exempt from vehicle tax
• Get free vehicle tax if you're a driver with a disability
• Car fuel and CO2 emissions data


This website is a telephone directory/call routing service and is not in any way affiliated with any of the business entities listed. Please note that calls to our 0870 numbers cost 13p/minute and our 0871 numbers cost 13p/minute, plus your phone company's access charge where applicable. Our site also provides alternative numbers that include the official numbers as found in their respective websites and other sources.

Recent Comments

cialis generico en mexico <a href="">cialis online</a> when is cialis generic in us <a href="h

Our purpose at is to supply our customers along with the best vaping knowledge achievable, helping them vape with style!. Located

cialis coupons printable 2015 <a href="">generic cialis</a> cialis generic price with prescription &l

cialis mail in rebate <a href="">buy generic cialis</a> coupon for cialis 20mg at cvs <a href="

cialis side effects bleeding <a href="">buy generic cialis</a> cialis tablets 20mg australia <a hr

Feel Free to leave a comment of your own.

Your Name:


Max Characters 150

Type the above number:


dvla vehicle road tax contact numbers